Friday, February 6, 2009

If you like Pina Coladas

I had a fantastic breakfast this morning when we came back into Kailua.
We went to Splashers Grill at 75-5699 Alii Drive and it was fantastic.



Jeff and I each got breakfast specials. He got the Chicken Fried Steak topped with beef gravy, side of two eggs and biscuits.

I got the Pina Colada Stuffed French Toast - and this I must really explain. It was Hawaiian Sweet Bread (a thing here, very good), made into french toast wedges with fresh shredded coconut and pineapple pieces all over it in a coconut syrup with some powdered sugar and cream cheese. I have to say I thought this would be insanely rich and sweet, and while it was both of those things it was not overwhelmingly so and it was SOOOOO good. It also came with a side of two eggs and bacon, so I brought the rest of the french toast home to reheat tomorrow.... or for dinner :)

Yummy.

1 comment: