Thursday, September 24, 2009

Madison, WI



Yesterday, while spending the day in Philadelphia, Jeff got a phone call that he has been selected to work in Madison, Wisconsin for another 13 week work assignment. Today he's checking out the paperwork, and the job would start October 5th.

Assuming all that goes well, we should be heading out of Lancaster next weekend and driving the 13+ hours to Madison with our stuff loaded into the truck.



I am still going to be designing the costumes for the production of "Our Town" at University of Penn, so after about 2 weeks in Madison I'll be flying back to Philly to work on the show, and will return to Madison after strike, somewhere around Nov. 23rd or so. So, out to Wisconsin for 2 weeks, back to lancaster for a month and a half, then back to madison until January 5th.

The most difficult part about this is that I will not be home for Christmas with my family. I'm pretty positive that I will be the first person not at my grandmothers for Christmas - ever. I'm also pretty positive that I'll hear about it for the rest of my life. But, since we'll be back early January, it's not so bad.



I'm also really leery of the cold weather - I am emphatically not a cold weather person. However, I will continue to look at the bright side - i get to wear my cute hats and fabulous "FMB" boots pretty much all the time. And the whole turning of the leaves thing that everyone raves about should be pretty cool too. But, this is a place that I've never been, so I am also really excited for the new adventures to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment