Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cookies & Christmas Gifts!



My grandmother is the cookie baker in my family, but this year being so far away from home, I decided to take on a bit of cookie-baking myself. Normally when I bake, and I love baking, I do things like triffles, cakes and bread puddings - things that are a little bit different. So, I didn't end up baking traditional cookies, I did a few that where a little different....


First I mixed up the batter for the Mexican Chocolate Chunk cookies.


Chopping chocolate into chunks and prepping to mix.


Showing off my grandmas skirt I wore for luck when cooking. This is somewhat of a family joke.


Chop, chop, chop.

Next I got to making French Toast Snickerdoodle Cookies:



mmm..... cookies and a local brew.....

The last batch of cookies comes out of the oven:


Time for Cleanup:


Cookies done for the day!


Jeff and I went to the store to get a mixer for me to make cookies, and apparently he was sneaky and got me a Christmas present. I was then informed that I don't want to wait for Christmas to unwrap my present - wrapped in a blanket - and so, after a long day of baking cookies, I unwrapped my big gift of the season!




This is the kind of picture you take when you open your presents with the family, and so had to pose for one!



Tearing it open, LOL!


Throwing around cardboard!


OOooooooo! In awe of my first gaming system ever.....



Cleaning up the living room to make room to play, we had to finally hang up the cinnamon man ornaments - the tree is now complete!



And I totally won at Wii Bowling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment