Friday, December 18, 2009

Coconut Macaroons

I had a container of remaining coconut and decided to find a recipe to make Coconut Macaroons. After looking through quite a few that called for sweetened condensed milk, which I didn't have on hand, or for stove cooking and a long time cooling, I came across this one online that I believe was an adaptation of a Martha Stewart recipe, if I'm remembering correctly. At any rate, here's the recipe that I used

COCONUT MACAROONS

3/4 c. granulated sugar
2-1/2 c. shredded coconut
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt



Combine all ingredients well with a wooden spoon, then pile into mounds or pyramids of 1-1/2 tbsp mix, and place 1 inch apart on baking parchment (really easy for this sticky cleanup and to prevent all the sugar and egg white from burning on the bottom of the pan).



Bake in an oven at 325 degree oven for 16-17 minutes, one pan at a time only (do not double layer). The above picture shows the first batch of finished macaroons on the left, just out of the oven. These where baked about 16 minutes, the rest of them I left in for another minute or so and are slighly more golden toasted.

Next, I made Snowball Meltaways.....

No comments:

Post a Comment