Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kuki'o Beach with Jen


Back when we lived in Maui, we made a great friend named Jen who was also working on island as a traveler, but as a Physical Therapist.   She quickly came into our little circle of friends, who, though still in Hawaii, we miss very much living over here on Big Island!

Well, lucky Jen was called upon to work over at the Kailua-Kona clinic on Friday, which meant she got to stay the whole weekend with us for her first time on the Big Island!  Jen took most of the pictures while I enjoyed being a bit of a tour guide.

We started our Saturday morning off by going to Splashers! Grill on Ali'i drive for brunch, where I had had the best stuffed french toast 2 years ago (now in their new location down the street) and we enjoyed their Berry French Toast (split) w/ a side of Portuguese sausages and some scrambled eggs, Jen sipping her spicy Bloody Mary - yum!  A perfect way to start the day!

Then, off to Kuki'o.  I know, I know, you're sick of this beach, right?  Well, the last time for a while, I swear!  Jen mentioned wanting to see honu (green sea turtles) laying on the beach, and really there is no better place to see this.  While I didn't take many pictures that day, I did have to pull out the camera for these guys. 









Now, hopefully one of these days I will be able to steal some of Jen's pics that she took!

No comments:

Post a Comment